Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Life At The Office as a Temp

Life At The Office as a Temp

Another work day finished. Since I was seriously bored at work doing the paperwork, I pretended that I was in a sitcom about an office...

There's the old lady who acts like a girl, singing along and laughing and being silly with everyone. There's a young bubbly African woman who wears lots of gold jewelry and talks about how she decided to get married and have kids, instead of finishing her education and has no regrets.

Next to me is a woman who looks like she's about to go in labour any second. She spends all day talking on the phone, organising different social events. Sometimes she sounds mean and cranky, other times she has the warmth of Cinderella's godmother. I was scared to talk to her at first, but then she started being really sweet to me so I don't fear her angry outbursts anymore. Those are only reserved for caterers and other people she pays money to make sure her social events run smoothly.

There's the woman who's in charge of me. I don't have an opinion of her yet. She seems nice but there's something not quite right about her.

While everyone thinks I'm involved in my work, I entertain myself by observing them (since my desk is too far to actually talk to them). I have a perfect spot for eavesdropping 'cause I'm near the hall and everyone always walks past. But they're not close enough to see what I'm doing.

I even felt like emailing or blogging at work, but then remembered all those stories of bloggers being fired.

Tomorrow I have a day off, yay! I need to go clothes shopping. I have enough work clothes to last me 2 days. Which have already passed. The best thing is that I actually have money to go shopping! And there's no need to save up for anything now. Although I am thinking of going interstate sometime soon to another city that I've never been to. Sally said she'll come with me. So now that I have a job, it's going to be possible. It is so exciting to have money to spend on superficial things.

No comments: