Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Seeing Guys

I'm not sure what happened yesterday but when I got into the dance studio, I thought I was seeing things that weren't there. How could it be that there seemed to be more guys than girls?

As it turned out, the other class (which had a lot of guys) got canceled and they all moved to my one. Too bad most of them were kinda old. There was also some creepy woman who was learning how to do the guy's part but when I had to dance with her, she wouldn't do it properly, but really forcefully. And when I said that she was making me turn too early, it seemed like she was in her own world and just kept doing it incorrectly. And she'd squeeze my hand really hard. I was glad when we got to change partners.

I also had to dance with some 60 year old gay man in a pink t-shirt who was almost as creepy as the woman.

There were no guys who really stood out to me. They all seemed heaps older than me, gay or just weird. Doesn't create any feelings of motivation to make conversation with them. Although there's one 30ish guy who always wears pink t-shirts who seems normal. I guess pink has a bad rep.

Also, when I was dancing with some old (for me) guy, he told me to not lower my arms when I was turning because it looked less elegant. And I thought, what does he know, he didn't even come to the first 2 lessons so I said, "Is this your first time?" and he laughed and said, "I'm a teacher! If this was my first time, I wouldn't tell people what to do". How embarrassing. I hope he didn't get offended when I asked him that. Maybe there were more guys there who were teachers and not students, invited to help out the class.

I hope it's always going to be more even now.

No comments: