Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Beauty of Maths

I spent one hour (at most) out of eight doing actual work yesterday. I spent the rest of my time sketching numerous layouts for my pdf portfolio (something I've decided is necessary to improve my chances of getting a real job). I'm trying to be methodical about finding a job. I've pinpointed possible issues that are making my search so long and now I'm working at resolving them.

I'm looking at it as a mathematical problem. They always have logical solutions. I don't think I've mentioned this before but when I was single I started looking at my problem as a Maths one too. I was trying to increase my probability of meeting someone. So if there was a choice between doing something where I 'could' meet someone, I'd always take it. The more guys I meet the higher my chance. And if you increase the probability, it gets closer to 1. I even remember thinking that day I met David, "If I get a lift with Sophia, there is almost zero chance of meeting someone, but if I catch the bus the chance of seeing BG again is, although also tiny, is still bigger."

No comments: