Thursday, August 18, 2005

Don't Take It Back

I called my agent to tell her about my new duties and to ask for a pay rise. She told me to wait another week to make sure these duties were going to be permanent and not one-off.

When I got to work this morning, I happily went to the desk of the PA to continue where I left off on Monday. Then, I noticed a new user password on the desk. I went to ask my supervisor if I should use the new password or the old one. She, then, informed me that they got another person to do the PA work (even though only on Monday I was informed that I'd be doing it). She also added that she spoke to my agent (what about I don't remember).

Argh! What happened? Why did they tell me I'd be doing the new job and then they go and get another person to do it? I realise that it would be unrealistic for me to do the PA job part-time, but surely they knew that already. Why offer it to me then?

Since I've finished the temporary assignment (that I was hired for) a few weeks too early, my supervisor was struggling to find me work. I would've been happy to surf the net but my computer is located in a nice view of everyone. She found me the worst job - packing boxes! I had pieces of dusty cardboard all over my clothes. And I was getting the old complex that I got when I was doing my first temp job - "I'm smarter than all of you, why am I doing this?! My brain and skills are totally wasted on this". I hate feeling so superior, yet not doing anything even slightly important.

On a brighter note, last night when I was talking to David on the phone and I heard his Mum come home, I kept hearing her say, "David, let me talk to Sky! I want to talk to her!" and David going, "Nooo!" and them laughing. Then, he kept repeating to me what his Mum wanted to ask me. She asked whether I was coming to the event that her work was catering for (where his step-family is going to be). I said I was. Hearing his Mum giggling and teasing David made me imagine what a great grandma she'd make and not a bad mother-in-law either.

Then I heard them talking in Spanish and David squeling (in a guyish way, of course) through laughter, "Mu-um! No!" and more laughter. I demanded to know what his Mum was saying. He told me she asked to invite my parents so it can be "Meet the Parents" type thing. That was a surprise. Didn't realise she wanted to meet my parents. David said, "It's way too soon!" and I agreed. Although I kept joking that they mght 'accidentally' be there.

After I hung up with him, I had a bit of a panicky feeling about us getting serious. And yes I know, my last entry was about marrying him. But there's SUCH a big difference from enjoying unrealistic day dreams and actually living them.

Damn, I miss him. Can't wait to see him tomorrow. I really don't know how people in long-distance relationships cope. The thirty minute drive between us feels like different countries and not seeing him for almost a week is like not seeing him for a year. Wish I could keep him close to me all the time.

me: I wish I would feel like this all the time
David: you will...

No comments: