Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Old Habit

I'm surprised it even went for this long but today I had to do it. I went to the library and got myself some books. I know I shouldn't have because David is going to loan me his friend's new Harry Potter book so I would need time to read that. The friend isn't supposed to know but David was like, "I trust you. Don't let anything happen to it". Hello, it's me you're talking to! I know what it's like to get obsessive about books. I get paranoid if anything happens to any of my books if I lend them to anyone. They go through a more rigourous expection than the bags at the airport. I know that a good way to convince someone to lend you something is to promise to replace the thing with a brand new one if anything happens to it.

So can't wait to read it before I find out anything about it. Last time someone started with "Oh you know when..." I immediately blocked my ears and was like "No! Don't say a word. Lalalalalala. I'm not listening. Lalalalalalala... Are you finished?" David rolled his eyes and said, "So you're one of those Harry Potter people?" and now he enjoys teasing me about it with his, "Do you want to know what happens when..." and "In Harry Potter..." And he hasn't even read it yet.

Anyway, the point was that I shouldn't have gone to the library and gotten more books. I got some easy reading material that I usually finish in a couple of days, but for some reason, the last few light reads like that didn't interest me as much as before. I want to read one of those books that get you completely engrossed and then leave you thinking about the characters and the story for weeks afterwards, until it becomes ingrained in your memory as one of the books you never forget. Any suggestions?

No comments: