Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Sweetness Overload

When I first tried Tim Tams, I fell in love with the chocolatey crunchy biscuits sandwiching the smooth creamy cocoa filling, encased in thin chocolate. At the age of 9 I knew I've discovered the most heavenly taste that melts in your mouth while you savour the sweetness. I wouldn't say I got addicted to them but every time I had the chance, I would eat them.

I don't remember how long it took (probably a year or so) but one day I got to the point when I couldn't look at them anymore. The lingering memory of their sugary chocolate over chocolate taste made me feel sick. I couldn't even look at them without desperately wanting a vegetable. It took several years before I could see a box and not feel nauseous. Tim Tams and I are on good terms now (where I eat them occasionally).

It was the case of "too much of a good thing".

The point of this story* is that I'm using it as an analogy to how I'm starting to feel about David. His warmth and sweetness pulled me in, making me desperately want more because I was so starved for that kind of affection and comfort but once I got filled up with his confidence boosting, I started to feel suffocated and squished from all corners (similar to how he manages to take up more train seat space and squeeze me against the window).

Three months ago, I would've only dreamed for someone to want to be really close to me but this intimacy is smothering me right now.

I think I just need some room to breathe. Never thought I would feel that way but I guess that's because I didn't really think that it would be possible to find a guy who'd really like me.

* which was dramatised for effect

No comments: