Saturday, August 27, 2005

Saturday Morning Television

Music clips. Cartoons. Teenage dramas.

What's not to love? I have a special place in my heart for Saturday morning TV because I will always associate it with my childhood and young teen years. Watching video clips will bring back memories of waiting for my brother to finish his piano lesson at my piano teacher's house. Sometimes I used to wait with Nadine if her lesson was after mine. We'd watch Degrassi or one of the other similar shows.

If I didn't have piano lessons or they were later in the day, I would watch cartoons at home after getting up.

I haven't watched TV on Saturday mornings for a very long time because I've been waking up too late or had somewhere to go. But today I woke up and didn't have anything to do in the morning so I switched on the TV and discovered the best show.

Girls In Love is everything I loved (and still do) about shows/books about growing up. The friendships, the crushes, the anxiety, the hope, the excitement. Wait, I think I still haven't grown up. The sad thing is that I could still relate to the lead 14 year old who was obsessed with not having a boyfriend. She even lied to her friends about having one (something even I wouldn't be able to do). Of course if I didn't have David, I would get annoyed that even though the main character doesn't have one, she has a guy who likes her. Yes, we all know where that's going to lead.

I hope I remember to watch it next week.

No comments: