Saturday, August 27, 2005

Revelation

Nadine called me a little after 4pm yesterday when I was still at work.

Nadine: Oh sorry! I didn't realise work finished after 4!

If only it did.

Anyway, I called her back when I got home which was cool since I haven't spoken to her in way too long. I mean, lately we've only chatted online. Tonight is her birthday party. Apparently out of around thirty people who are coming there will only be three couples, including David and I. Just goes to show how hard it is for everyone to find a partner. Not just me. Kinda feels odd that I out of all people will be there with a guy. It was never that way. I'm a tiny bit sad that I won't be able to actively contribute to the usual conversations between singles. There better not be any potential guys who I'd like because that would be so ironic. It was good to talk to her though.

Nadine: I think I'm growing up.
me (trying not to laugh): really? What made you realise this?
Nadine: I'm not too interested in being the centre of attention anymore. I didn't even tell some people it was my birthday

Nadine is as disillusioned as ever. She's actually reminding me of Jessica Simpson in the way she can be totally clueless. But I'm saying this in an affectionate way because that's part of her charm.

Also talked to April last night. She found out some very direction-turning news. Her South American guy friend who had a very strong potential to become her boyfriend has a son. Yep. We said good-bye to all our fantasies of our double dates. She was devastated. Understandably. He was the first guy who she was getting so close with for something to actually happen. And now it's all broken. We were trying to look on the bright side: at least he told her now. But still. How very disappointing. Even though she has other guys who could be potential boyfriends (which she put on the back burner to focus more on this guy), she swore off all guys and decided that the single life is the only way she can be happy. Yeah, right. But I feel so terrible for her. To have so much hope cut down like that. Life can be cruel. Of course she totally feels that she's destined to be alone. I probably would too. I feel like I'd do anything for her to experience a happy relationship because I hate to see her feel like that. She doesn't deserve it. No one does. But especially her.

How is it possible for a clever, funny, kind, pretty girl to have so much trouble finding a partner.

Also talked to Mike (Claudia's boyfriend). April and I agreed that he sounds just like Claudia online. He could've easily fooled us. He's quite amusing though although I wondered why he was chatting to us when he was with Claudia.

No comments: