Monday, October 25, 2004

Reporting Last Night

Reporting Last Night

I still can't stop smiling.

Last night exceeded all my expectations (although they weren't very high but still). Even though I was a bit early, he was already there. As soon as I realised it was him, my smiling hasn't stopped since. He looked so typically POBian - very tall, very blond hair, very blue eyes. I was so relieved. Although I expected the worst so anyone who didn't look like a monster would've made me relieved. He also looked a bit boyish which I like in a guy.

I think he might've been expecting a monster too because when we first started talking, it looked like he was trying to hold back smiling. That totally put me at ease because I was a bit too nervous just before meeting him.

We went to a small cosy restaurant and shared some nice food. The conversation flowed quite easily condsidering we've only met each other. I still had the goofiest smile on my face because all I could think about was that I was having dinner with a cute and very nice guy who was 'sorta' funny. I've wanted something like that for so long that it felt a bit surreal. I was hoping I wouldn't wake up as I usually do when things like that happen in my dreams.

I think I might've stared too much because at one point he asked me why I was looking at him 'like that' and was it because I didn't understand what he was saying. That was a bit embarrassing.

During dinner he kept getting a bit distracted by his phone. He could've been talking to his girlfriend (that I don't think he has) for all I cared because you couldn't even compare him to all the guys I know. He was smart and mature while still relaxed and easy-going (an impossible combination I used to think).

Of course I said numerous stupid things but it wouldn't have been me if I didn't.

After dinner, we went to see a movie. It was really bad but the time went by quickly because I entertained myself by thinking about the whole evening. It was good that the movie was a comedy (even though it wasn't funny at all) because I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

After that he walked me to the station and we went home. He said, "We'll call each other". If he won't, I sure will. But I hope so much that he does. Really really really hope that he liked me as much as I liked him. But even if he didn't, I still had a great time.

For once, when I was in the train by myself on my way home, I didn't get sad that I didn't have a boyfriend. I had to bite my lip to stop smiling.

Although I can't say that we totally clicked, he was such a smart and nice guy that it was impossible not to like him.

When I got home, my Mum was nervously waiting to hear how it went. My face said it all. All I could do was thank her.

Even though I usually fall asleep as soon as I hit the pillow, yesterday I kept tossing and turning because I still couldn't believe that guys like that actually existed (and not just in my head).

Woke up today at 6am feeling totally refreshed and still with a smile on my face.

No comments: