Friday, January 06, 2006

Can't Help Falling In Love With You

There is nothing quite like being ecstatically in love.

Went to David's Mum's birthday dinner last night and it wasn't as uncomfortable as I expected. Had a lot of food and felt full all day today. David looked really hot, (thought I'd mention that). He was sweet enough to drive me home. Took a little longer to get to my house due to... the oysters that we had at dinner.

In the car, couldn't help smiling because I was happier than I've ever been. Remembered the pain I was going through before David and how I thought I'd burst if I didn't find a boyfriend. Now I am so totally full. I was just staring at his face the whole time because it's still sometimes hard to believe that he's real, and mine.

David: are you staring at me?
me: sorry, am I freaking you out?
David: no, you can stare as much as you want

David is one of few people who can deal with my weirdness.

Went over to his house today. He was really tired, understandably but he was happy that I came to keep him company. Had a really nice talk but can't write it here. He said it was really hard to find someone to love you. I couldn't agree more.

I wonder if maybe I just missed out on all the bad relationships and went straight to a good one. I feel so lucky that this is finally happening to me. I will not die without ever experiencing what it's like to love and be loved in return. David makes everything better. He has proven to me how much he cares in so many ways, there is no room for doubt. This will sound corny but he really does make me want to be a better person. I want to have a heart as big as his and be thoughtful without expecting rewards.

When I got home, he called again. I said, "I thought you were going to sleep" and he said, "I don't feel like sleeping, just want to talk to you".

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can’t help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can’t help falling in love with you
Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can’t help falling in love with you

No comments: