Sunday, January 08, 2006

In the Heat of the Moment

I've decided to take dancing classes again. There are some new short courses at the place where I used to go which I think would be good to learn. I probably still need to finish all the salsa courses to get to a stage I want to be at but since I can usually keep up with David, I'm not motivated enough to commit myself to an 8 week course.

Went dancing last night with David to a latin club. I absolutely loved the atmosphere. I think I'm getting over my "That's so sleazy" state of mind and moving into "Just have fun" phase. I mean I was feeling like I stood out because I wasn't being sleazy enough. It's not hard to look uptight in a crowd of the most relaxed people swaying, shaking and twisting their bodies in every direction possible (and impossible).

When David and I were taking a break on the couch, I was getting a little hypnotised by one Latin looking girl. It looked like every muscle in her body was dancing. And she had the happiest look on her face like she was in her own little world where nothing was ever wrong. I wanted to be able to move like that. Maybe that's why I'm getting enthusiastic about joining some new dance classes.

Had a mini argument with David which put a little damper on the night. I hated that he was making a big deal out of nothing. I wasn't even sure what exactly he was upset about. All I wanted was to kiss his grumpy face. I said, "When do we get to make up? In 5 minutes?" He shook his head in annoyance and said, "You're not taking me seriously!" I asked him, "What's your problem?" and without waiting for an answer added, "Me?" He didn't answer for a while. To break the silence I said, "I love you." Then he smiled, gave me a hug and said, "When you say that, you make me forget everything! You're my problem, you're my happiness!"

No comments: