Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Three Interviews

Interview 1
OK. The agent said she'll pass on my CV to the client.

Interview 2
Complete stuff-up.

Stuff-up #1: when I was filling out the application form, I wrote the name of the position that I was going for in my third interview, rather than this one.
Stuff-up #2: I started speaking very fast so ran out of breath and couldn't talk properly
Stuff-up #4: my face went bright red
Stuff-up #5: lost all tongue ability and couldn't construct one proper sentence

Here is what the woman asked me:
1. Would you say your parents are a negative or a positive influence on you?
2. Were you ever asked to do anything inappropriate at work?
3. Tell me about yourself, personally.

Here is what she told me:
1. You are so undervalued in your current company!
2. You're POBian?! That's fantastic! They've got good work-ethic.
3. You will not have to wash up after anyone here. Everyone washes their own cups and we have a receptionist.

She said she'd love me to meet the manager I'd be reporting to. So maybe my stuff-up didn't matter so much...

Interview 3
Realised I didn't want the job but really loved the agents. We chatted for an hour.

David met me between Interview 2 and Intervivew 3. He looked extremely tired and like he was about to collapse. After about 20 minutes, he said he was going home. Even though I was disappointed that I'd have to wait for another three hours by myself, I wanted for him to get some rest.

I walked him back to the station and he was barely saying a word. I started worrying that he wasn't happy with something or if he was upset/annoyed at me. Especially when he didn't give me a kiss goodbye like he always does.

As soon as I turned around to go back to wait somewhere, I felt an arm around me and David laughing. "I'm not going!" he said. "I wouldn't leave you to wait by yourself!" I was a bit stunned and could only mutter, "What?!" and he said, "You've been punked!" I was like, "I thought you were tired!" He said, "I am, but I'm staying with you. Did you think I'd leave you?" Then he got energy from somewhere and became his usual bouncy self.

We went to a huge bookstore and looked at books together. He loves to read too. How fantastic that I can go to a bookstore with my boyfriend and he'd enjoy it just as much as me. Then we sat near the window and talked quietly. He kept staring at me. I get a little unnerved by that 'cause I start worrying that he's going to see all the imperfections - the large pores, the skin creases etc.

He walked me to Interview 3 and left. Later tonight he called me just to see how it went. I was talking to April at the time and when I answered the call waiting, I lied and told her it was an urgent call for my Mum because I knew she'd get upset if I hung up on her 'cause David was on the other line.

Tomorrow we'll be going out on an unofficial double date. Can't wait.

No comments: