Monday, January 02, 2006

Choosing Between Friends and Boyfriend

Who's more important friends or boyfriend?

Today I picked boyfriend. Christine called to invite me to a boardgame night with the others and I said no. Told her the truth - David was over and I was spending time with him. Then, surprisingly she got a little insistent and started saying that she didn't know when we'd have the chance to all meet up again because everyone's going to be busy. I lied and said that I won't see David because he's working all week. Well, it's true that he's working all week but it's not like that will stop me from seeing him.

Can't believe she made me feel guilty about not coming.

David and I were going to go for a walk but he was tired so we just stayed in and talked. He left already because he has to wake up early tomorrow. I can't believe I miss him already. And not just a bit. I don't know where to put myself because I feel so restless without him. He looked really hot today but I guess that's beside the point.

When I was younger and Nadine and I had chats about how we'd always stick to our friends and not spend all our time with boyfriends because friends were the ones who'd always be there for you. Now I see that was a very naive thing to say because a boyfriend is not just some guy you spend your time with (well, not David anyway). He's a friend too. He's my closest friend so of course it makes sense I'd rather spend time with the person I like the most.

I wonder if it's healthy to want to be with someone so much...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get in the same situation everytime too.