Saturday, January 28, 2006

Job Search Update

I had a second interview for the cinema advertising job and the woman who originally interviewed me said she wasn't too impressed with the candidates so I had a pretty good chance, and after the interview she told me that I did very well and that she could tell the Producer liked me more than the others. I was supposed to receive an answer yesterday but I didn't. So I guess I didn't get it after all. I guess I'm not too disappointed as it's not really a design job. And they never mentioned the salary and I didn't think there was a good time to ask. Disappointing but not a huge loss.

The agent who got me last week's temp job called me up to ask if I wanted to work at that company in an administrative/research role because they were interested. Even though the package was very attractive, I realised I would just be wasting time working in a job which would lead nowhere. Plus it would be extremely boring and I'd have to be stuck in it for at least a year.

I told the agent that I had a friend who would be very suited to the role (Claudia). I gave Claud the details and urged her to go for it since she had a very good chance being recommended by me. I hope she applied but I don't know. She's not very motivated. I get a little annoyed trying to help people who don't want to help themselves and don't take advantage of opportunities.

I have an interview next week for a very appropriate position but I'm not very confident and I'm worried I might not like the manager who I'd have to work with. I was told she was a little difficult.

At least I have something but if it fails, I have to try again. Having had these last few interviews boosted my confidence a little and will give me energy and motivation to look further.

No comments: