Monday, January 16, 2006

Longing

Longing

Late.

Sleepless.

Wish I had something thought-provoking to write but my mind has only thing on its mind.

Miss him.

Maybe there is one magnet inside me and one inside him pulling us together.

I still have two magnets Ivan gave me. I keep it in my special locked box because it's my only physical memory of him. I think he really wanted to keep them but for some reason gave them to me. Or maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. It was so long ago that I felt such strong longing for him. Funny how far I am from that now. He will be only a memory now. A part of my life that will always remain in the past. When I was little I used to imagine that we'd meet again when we're adults, fall in love and live happily ever after. Childish dreams.

The only other longing I felt for a person was for Max but that was stupid. He was just a face to put to my vision of RG. Nothing more.

The difference with my longing for David is that this longing will be satisfied. He is not continents away. Not time apart. Not unreachable. He might even be thinking of me right this moment.

No comments: