Tuesday, January 31, 2006

In Sickness and In Health

My Mum has to have a medical procedure tomorrow and she has to get ready for it today by not eating anything and drinking some horrible mixture which makes her nauseous. She keeps whining about not wanting to drink it and even though I feel for her, at least she doesn't have to drink the disgusting fish oil and take gross capsules every day (like me for my urticaria). Is it cruel of me to not sympathise with her complaining about feeling bloated when I had the most excruciating pain when I had gallstone attacks? Don't get me wrong, I wish she didn't have to go through it, I'm sure it's no fun but I've had worse and I didn't whinge like a kid.

What made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside was when my Dad came home, he actually tried to soothe my Mum as you do a child. I heard him say, "Come on, just one more sip. I'm here with you. Darling, you can do it." And my Dad is not your usual affectionate guy. I felt so happy for my Mum that she had Dad. Never saw him behave with such tenderness.

It's nice to know my parents have each other and will take care of one another. I don't have to worry about them so much.

No comments: