Monday, January 09, 2006

The Guilt of the Unemployed

I've been dealing with my unemployment considerably well in the last few weeks. Haven't been experiencing waves of guilt because of not working, simply because no one else was. Then today, got worse. Not sure if it's Shopgirl (my current book) that's aiding me into a depressed state of mind or if it's just me.

I'm in a bit of a weird situation at the moment because I don't want to call the agent that's been finding me temp work before because I don't want to temp at the places where I've been temping before and there's a high chance that's what she'll offer. I just wouldn't feel comfortable coming back to those places, even though I liked them.

The other agent used to find me temp work while I was already temping last time. I'm hoping she'll find me temp work soon but she hasn't gotten back to me with anything.

Really don't want to join any new temp agencies because don't want to go through hours of testing again.

I think I might wait another two weeks maximum and apply to new temp agencies. The guilt of sitting around doing nothing will start to take its toll and that's going to ruin me. I just know it.

No comments: