Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Blindly in Love

Lately I've been feeling like I'm idolising David. Or is this what being in love is like?

I just can never take my eyes off him. I feel like I could stare at him forever.

Every time he asks me what I want to do or what movie I want to watch or where I want to go, I just completely don't care. I want to do anything he wants.

When I spotted him today when we met up, my face just lit up. I had to restrain from jumping all over him. And when I saw his face spread into a smile and his arms wrap around me, I knew he missed me as much as I missed him and that made me ecstatic.

He insisted on driving me home and when I said, "You really don't have to" and he replied, "But I really want to", I just felt giddy.

There was a Spanish rock song that was really upbeat and kinda funny. David sang to it and shook his head in mock exaggeration and I was just so happy, I started laughing. It wasn't that funny but it was like laughter was the only way I could relieve the energy I had from happiness. My laughter only encouraged him more which in turn made me laugh harder.

When he was talking to my Mum, I couldn't take my eyes off him. I was barefoot and he already put on his shoes and he looked so tall. And so broad. And his face had this childish charm as he talked to my Mum. Those laughing eyes that attracted me from the very beginning. The warmest smile. He was like a life-size teddy bear. Just wanted to curl up in his arms and stay there forever.

When he leaves, I feel a pang in my heart. Like a part of me is gone.

"If I could have my way, I'd see you every day."

- David

No comments: