Friday, January 20, 2006

Too Many Opportunities

I have a major dilemma. Interview 3 seems to be leading to a desirable outcome. Well, the 'supposed' desirable outcome. In truth, I'm realising that I don't really want the job. And the agent called me today to tell me she organised an interview with the manager and to ask for a referee. I gave her the woman that liked me in one of the temp jobs. She asked for the guy from my graphic design job. Told her I didn't have his contact details on me (which was true).

She emailed me, asking me for the referee I'm not too keen on giving. I don't want to to use him (or even the temp woman for that matter) for a job I don't actually want. Apparently the agent already called the temp woman so it's too late for that. I'm supposed to go see the manager of this job on Monday. I don't know what to do! If I tell them I don't want the job anymore, I'm going to so regret it if I don't get any of the others. But if I do end up getting it, I will be annoyed at myself for missing out on all the chances for jobs I'd actually like.

The interview today was great! The woman who interviewed me seemed really cool. Very friendly and easy-going. The job isn't exactly a design one but it's pretty good anyway. If I do get it, I can probably say good-bye to growing my career as a designer. But the atmosphere of the place definitely gave a great first impression. Very relaxed and fun.

Here is the summary of my potential jobs:
1. 1 month contract that only starts at the end of January
2. marketing/design assistant (Interview 2 that I stuffed up). The manager gets back at the end of January and will only have an interview with her in February.
3. job that I'm the closest to getting - don't actually want it - too far, lots of boring work, no assistance with the hard stuff
4. cinema advertising job that I would love, only that it's not going to use my uni skills and not sure where I can go after that

I already got the second interview for today's interview because the woman said I impressed her. It's funny, it actually turned out that she didn't even see my new CV that I sent for this position. She got my details from an old resume that I sent for a graphic designer position.

I wouldn't mind going to the interview with the manager for the job I don't really want but it's not going to happen unless I give the agent my other referee that I don't want to give. Guess I will have to tell her that I got another offer. Man, I'm going to hate myself if because of this, I will not get another job.

Any advice is welcome.

No comments: