Friday, January 20, 2006

The Imperfect Match

Is anyone interested how the 'double date' went?

Well, let me just say that I'm not too motivated to help April anymore. I got so frustrated with her. After about 15 minutes, she told me there was no way they would ever be more than friends. I asked her why and she said there was no 'click'. How the hell are you supposed to know if there's a 'click' after 15 freaking minutes?! I didn't have a 'click' with David for a few weeks!

This guy is very intelligent (he's at uni on a scholarship), doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, sporty, has a sense of humour, friendly, ok looking. Why can't she give him a chance? Who knows, it may lead to a lot of happiness. I told her that if she just likes him as a friend now (which is totally understandable, she just met him), why doesn't she go out with him a bit more and get to know him better. She said she doesn't want to lead him on and use him. I think that is so ridiculous. This guy isn't going to break down if he realises she's just going out with him but has no deeper feelings. He might be exactly the same!

I didn't think David and I had any future for months! But look at us now, I feel like we're going to be together forever. Imagine if I didn't give him a chance because we didn't 'click' straight away. I would be missing out on all this happiness that I didn't think was ever possible.

We let them talk alone a bit and I kept trying to overhear what they were saying but wasn't having much luck. (The fact that David kept distracting me didnt help either.) Later when they were walking behind us and David and I were acting silly as usual, I couldn't hear them say anything. I could feel the awkwardness of their silence. Just felt lucky that I had David. One thing David and I have in common is that in big group situations we're both very quiet but together we never shut up. I don't even remember what we were talking about, I just know we were laughing a lot.

At around 9:30 April got really edgy like she couldn't wait to leave which really didn't relax me. It's hard to try and have a good time when she looked like she was in pain. It happened so many times before! I always end up feeling guilty that she's having a horrible time. It's like she won't even try to enjoy herself. David kept insisting on driving her home so she wouldn't worry about keeping her parents awake. But no, she wanted to go home right now.

Since she left and we were with the guy, we didn't even get to dance. Just went home pretty much straight afterwards. David insisted on driving me home. He brushed my hair and said, "You look so pretty tonight, I wish I could dance with you". I don't know why but when he said it, I just got an electric shock in my stomach. Then he leaned over and urgently said, "I love you. I would do anything for you." So I got another electric shock in my gut. Then...

No comments: