Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Mental Stimulation

I went to the library today. Really needed to get books. Too much spare time now and my brain desperately needs a workout. Usually I get fiction but this time I got a science book and two biographies (one describing living during World War II and the other about Pacific Island culture). Ok, so I got one fiction book too, but there's been a movie out based on it and it's by Steven Martin and I've never read anything of his. After I got over the difficult decision of choosing which one to read first, I'm deeply involved in one of them.

Also did Lesson 2 of A+ Spanish learning CD that David gave me ages ago but I had no time to do. I can now say useful things like:

Yo voy a la playa - I'm going to the beach
Nosotros compramos una vaca - We buy a cow
El escucha un pajaro - He listens to a bird
Yo tengo un hombre - I have a man

Spanish is so easy, especially that I learnt French at school and it's so similar (I even get confused between the two).

I would've never started to learn a third language, if it wasn't for David. So many good things come out of this relationship.

(Sometimes I worry that if it's going so well now, something bad might happen.)

No comments: