Sunday, January 29, 2006

Grandma's Opinion of My Boyfriend

I talked to my grandma (the one in POB) on the phone on Saturday. I asked her what she thought of the photos I sent her of David. She said he looked very nice and had a 'nice figure' so he was welcome to come and visit them. She also said that since I liked him he must be pretty good. It's funny how my family trusts in my judgement because I always made my views very clear and they obviously think I follow them. Sure David is pretty good but if I didn't meet him, I could've sunk as low as dating Max. I wonder if my family would've still trusted my judgement then.

Grandma said my aunty and cousin were there and my cousin asked, "When's the wedding?" It's common there to get married in early twenties. No one waits for things like money for a house, careers etc. They manage to not let those different things interfere with each other. I wouldn't mind getting married soon. I know it's impossible though 'cause one, I don't have a job and two, David is still at uni. We have nothing to live on. And if you're wondering if I decided I want to marry him, I'm not 110% sure but I know I cannot be without him. Even though we don't agree on quite a few things, we've proved that we're both always willing to work things out and comprimise.

Last night we went out with Claudia and Mike. The hyped up club sucked. Every second person smoked, music not to our tastes and the volume too painful to bear. David and I left before 12:30am. We even managed to get on the last train. I was really happy that Mike and David got along quite well, with Mike even telling him things Claudia never told me. Our boyfriends are very different but they both have the ability to get along with pretty much anyone so that works out well. Claudia told me she called my agent (which made me really happy) and has an interview with her tomorrow. I gave her some advice for the interview since she doesn't have much experience in them. I just wanted to boost her confidence so it would show tomorrow.

Today David spent the day at my house, even though we were doing different things. I was doiing housework and he was watching TV. I wondered if that's what it's going to be like if we live together. I wasn't too disappointed in him 'cause I knew he usually helped out at home and he said he hadn't had a day to do nothing in ages. Which is true.

After I finished my chores, we hung out together. That was really nice. Spending time like that with him always makes me sad when he leaves.

No comments: