Friday, October 22, 2004

Can't Expect The Unexpected

Can't Expect The Unexpected

At around 6:30pm, my brother was chatting to his girlfriend online and I was sitting in the room, annoying him (by requesting different songs) because I was bored. He kept annoying me back. A very common scene at our house. Then my mobile (which was closer to my brother) rings. I ask him who it is. He says it doesn't say.

I pick it up and hear a muffled male voice, "Hi, this is Andrew". I think my heart skipped a beat. Or two. He wasn't supposed to call yet. I was supposed to give my Mum my email so she could give it to the person who knows him along with my number. But apparently my Mum decided to just give him my mobile.

Anyway, we talked about this and that. The short awkward silences were filled quite quickly. The long awkward silence was filled by him asking to meet me.

After a long discussion about where and when, we've decided on Sunday night. I'd prefer it during the day but he can't. But I can't be choosy in my circumstances.

It's a bit hard to judge him right now because on one hand he sounded a bit odd but on the other, quite nice.

Not sure how I'm going to recognise him because he wouldn't say anything specific. I hope I like him. And I hope he likes me.

We'll see what happens. Expect the gossip by Monday. Wish me luck!

No comments: