Sunday, October 10, 2004

The Way We Are

The Way We Are

Went out with the girls last night. (Not that there was any other alternative but I've always wanted to write that sentence and appear cool and sophisticated.)

We (April, Claud, Ellen and I) had dinner at a sushi place. The sushi train never ceased to entertain me. Oh, the childish joy of watching different dishes flow past. After I memorised all the dishes that were on the train, I moved on to the next childish activity - making silly faces at April's camera phone. April caught on to this fun and we both started taking photos of ourselves posing different emotions. I think we nailed the "I'm a complete idiot" one perfectly.

While April and I were being silly, Claud and Ellen were breaking new records with how many plates they took from the sushi train.

Ellen asked us if we minded if we didn't get paper invitations to her birthday party. April was taken aback when Ellen told us that she wasn't planning on printing them out for all 80 people that she was inviting. And she wasn't going to see us after the invitations get printed and before her party so it would be impossible for her to give them to us. (This is such an Ellen thing to do).

Then out of nowhere some guy came to us and handed Ellen a pack of her printed invitations. Ellen got flustered because she didn't expect to get them yesterday so she gave April and me one to share between the two of us. I let April keep it since she collects them. (Although she did forget to actually take it with her in the end.)

After dinner, Ellen left to do her assignments and Claud, April and I went to watch "The Notebook". It was better than I expected. I thought it was going to be another boring romance (that I only was going to watch because it was too early to go home and there was nothing better on) but it had some very funny moments. There was one bit that wasn't THAT funny but April started giggling which made me giggle which made April laugh even more which got contagious and so we both couldn't stop laughing. I had tears in my eyes because I couldn't stop.

After the movie, April waited with me until my bus came and then we went home. My brother picked me up from the station. We are still not really talking. I gave up trying to make up with him. Although he is being nicer to me. Can't wait till his exams finish so we can go back to how we used to be (i.e. he tells me everything, including all minor details, about what's going on in his life and I do the same).

On Friday when I was asking him something and he was actually standing right in front of me (not doing something else where I can't even see him like he usually is) and I swear he looked older than a few months ago (when we still talked normally). Really hope we totally make up before I go to America because I don't think I'd enjoy my trip as much knowing that Andrew is mad at me. This weird situation between us is like having an extra weight on my shoulders that I can't take off, no matter how hard I try.

I'm still optimistic that this whole thing will blow over.

No comments: