Friday, October 15, 2004

The Other Side

The Other Side

My brother and I made up! He just couldn’t hold in any longer that he got a girlfriend. His first one.

He said that he wanted to not make up until the end of his exams because he knew that he’d want to talk to me about it all the time and not study. But too late now. (He also said that he was planning on making up before I was going to America because he didn’t want me to leave on such bad terms.)

I sort of knew he got one because in the last few weeks he got very secretive and always had a weird smile on his face.

His girlfriend is one of the girls I met that I said were too teeny-bopperish. He said that she was a lot like me. I don’t know if to take that as a compliment or an offence.

I’m happy for Andrew but I got even sadder for myself. Like April said, everyone moves to the ‘other side’ sooner or later, except us.

We went to the dancing class but didn’t stay ‘cause there were only old people there (I think I might be psychic). We hung around the city for a while trying to find a guy to chat up to make ourselves feel better. But it didn’t really work (if you don’t count [and I don’t] my sad attempt at asking a guy at the cinema when some movie is coming out).

On the train on the way home, I felt so depressed and frustrated at my inability to get a boyfriend when everyone around me has one.


No comments: