Friday, October 15, 2004

My Effect On People

My Effect On People

Hmm, I don't know how to react to something that I just read in another blog.

I know that by being honest and writing what's on my mind in here (even if it's just ramble and random silly thoughts), I'm open to people judging me. But I really never expected for another blogger to devote a whole entry on what an immature, racist, anti-religion, stupid, intolerant, uninformed etc. person I am. And yet, that person has been reading my blog from the beginning. I wonder why that person comes back... Do they enjoy reading immature stupid stuff? (Reminds me of "Felicity" when Noel said, referring to his and Felicity's cartoon series, "If people hate our cartoon but watch it anyway, that means they really love it".)

In that blogger's entry, she has also assumed lots of things that I've never said.

Sometimes we judge other people too much and mistake traits such as being able to be silly and think crazy things as immaturity. Acting childish is not a sign of immaturity when you know that you're acting that way. I think that if I didn't behave silly with my friends, I would have a nervous breakdown. It's nice to escape from the seriousness of the world when you're with your friends. It's relaxing.

Also, when I say I feel superior, it doesn't mean that I am. I just feel like that because of dumb things that lots of people do (like smoke, get drunk etc.) And I don't see how being anti-religion is a bad thing. I don't tell people to stop being religious. I just don't agree with them. And it's good to be able to let off steam about certain things.

At first, it hurt to read it but after the initial shock, I realised that everyone is entitled to their opinion and she's free to write about me, just as I'm free to write about what I want.

Looking at the big picture, the fact that some person (who I don't even know) thinks such things about me isn't important.

No comments: