Saturday, October 23, 2004

In His Sister's Footsteps

In His Sister's Footsteps

My brother has just demonstrated his skills of lying. They are very similar to mine so I've taught him well. Although there was a bit of a downhill at the end which just showed that he didn't plan how to carry through.

me (to Dad, seeing Andy putting his shoes on): where's he going?
Dad: to pick up something... or someone?
[I'm trying not to laugh.]
Mum (suspiciously): why are you laughing?
me: nothing
Mum: do you know where he's going?
me: no
Mum: what's so funny then?
me: just the way Dad said it. Pick something up!
[Mum looks at me strangely.]
Dad (to Andy): what are you picking up?
Andy: uhm... some sheets... yeah... for the Maths exam... 'cause I wasn't at school when they gave them... I was at English... bye
[Andy runs out the door.]

Translation
Andy: I'm going to see my girlfriend but I can't tell you because you won't let me since I have exams.

They probably would do that but it would be stupid because he'd just be distracted all the time anyway.

No comments: