Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Countdown To Adventure

Countdown To Adventure

I just realised what date it was today - one month till America! Yipee!! (I don't think I've actually said or written that word before, does it have a double p?)

Can't believe it's so close! I just know it will be a great adventure! I haven't been overseas since I was 15 when I went on an exchange program. But this is going to be so different! Lauren and I are going to have a blast (another word I don't say).

It's weird that when I write I use words I never say in real life. Anonymous writing gives such freedom of words.

Anyway, America. I've been dreaming of going there since I was 13 and it's going to be a reality so soon! My heart is buzzing with excitement. A whole month of doing nothing but exploring places I've only seen on TV and movies. Some people say that it's nothing exciting but not to me. Any new place is exciting because it holds the promise of adventure and constant change. And I need some change in my life. The monotony makes me live in my head too much. I need to move out of my mind and into the real world which is always more exciting than anything my imagination can conjure up. Because it's actually real.

For now, I'll take a deep breath and enjoy the anticipation of looking forward.

No comments: