Saturday, March 11, 2006

Chocolate Cake

I made David a chocolate cake today. It was the best way I could think of doing something nice for him. I told him I wanted to spoil him (since he always spoils me) and he said making a cake was a great way to do so.

He had to pick up his sister after work tonight (since his parents left for the weekend) which meant he couldn't hang out at my house after work. So he drove to my house to pick me up, then drove back to his house to pick up his sister and then drove me home. So much trouble. I told him how much I appreciated him driving so much just so we could meet up and he said, "Well, I couldn't not have the chocolate cake!"

I won't see him till Wednesday now. I'll have to get used to not seeing him as often as during the summer holidays.

I was thinking today again about doing a Teaching degree and I changed my mind because all I want to do is work in media. The only way for me to do that is to move to America. That will never happen because David would never move there. I couldn't stop thinking how I would never be happy unless I'm working in film/TV/theatre/radio. That got me upset because the chances of me working in those areas are pretty much next to none.

Talked with David and he once again encouraged me to go for a Teaching degree. He thinks it would really suit me and I would be great at it. That made me reconsider it again. I mean, I would have plenty of time in the holidays to join a theatre group or do other things like dancing or helping out on a film shoot. He said I could always try to get a design job in the meantime and if I can't, I could go for a teaching one. Thinking about it now, I can see myself enjoying spending time with seven-year-olds in a classroom.

I get so influenced by David. His support and encouragement in everything makes me think I can do great in anything. Although I remember he didn't really encourage my movie career. He said I should give it a go but not waste too much time if it doesn't work out.

When I was at his house tonight, we danced in his room to retro songs on the radio, discussed politics (in an almost non-argumentative manner), talked about TV shows and other things. He said it's always fun to hang out together. I couldn't agree more. I wish we could do it more often.

As you can tell from my insignificant blabber about David, I miss him terribly already.

No comments: