Monday, March 06, 2006

Life of a Blog

I wonder what the average life-span of a blog is.

All blogs that have started before mine seem to have stopped updating. Finding newly-made blogs is all fine but it's not the same as following someone's life for several years.

I'm in a more positive mood about not having a job today. I have no reason to be but evenings are always easier because everyone's home from work then.

Met up with David early in the morning and kept him company in doing some car chores (e.g. rego etc.) David said it was a beautiful day which only made me feel guiltier that I wasn't at work. Seeing retired people, mothers of babies and other unemployed didn't help.

Really miss being at school. And uni. Just being around people my age every day and doing things.

Anyway, must focus on not slipping back into the unemployment guilt/sadness.

Help Yourself

My Mum gave me some self-help book her hairdresser lent her. She said it might give me some confidence for interviews and stuff. It's the worst rubbish I've read. They say that in order to get what you want, you have to live as if you already have it. Now may I ask, how on earth am I supposed to live like I have a job if I don't?!

Logical Love

Also, I read somewhere that if a person marries you because of logical reasons (like you fit his/her criteria), then he/she will be able to find the same logical reasons to leave you. However, if that person marries you because of some unexplainable feelings (like being blindly in love), those feelings will keep you together. My problem with this is, what if they disappear? How can you rely on something unexplainable? This whole reasoning is very confusing.

Is this another "heart vs head" thing? In my case, I realised, my heart is capable of influencing my head (e.g. "He's so wonderful, so what if he doesn't fit some of my criteria) and my head always affects my heart (e.g. "It's so rare to find someone who would care for you so much, you should totally be in love with him). So they constantly come to agreement. Therefore I shouldn't listen to either. But what would that leave me with? Maybe if I was male, I could think with the brain in my pants (don't take any stereotyping personally) but since I'm not, I might abandon my decision-making process altogether and just go with the flow. Seems like I have no other choice anyway.

The David Drug

I won't see David till Saturday but I'm pretty ok with it for now. I've had a really good dose of him today. Did I mention we got a haircut within days of each other? Fate, I know.

I think I want to marry him.

Want a job first, though.

I wonder if once I have everything I want, if life would get boring or if I'd find new things to want.

For today, I just want to watch Desperate Housewives. Aim small - my new motto.

No comments: