Sunday, March 12, 2006

Off The Path

When I was single, I'd see happy couples everywhere.

Now I see young successful people getting ahead in their chosen careers.

It's depressing.

I think my problem (and I have plenty) is that I get bored too easily. I can get really excited about a certain task but then this enthusiasm quickly dies down. It's not good because even a career in Media is not 100% exciting. That's why it's good to have an underlying passion for a certain field because even in the dreary parts of the job, you can still feel the motivation for the overall process.

I don't have an underlying passion for teaching or design. There lies the major problem. The job I want is one in a million. How can an ordinary person like myself get it? It's against all odds (and knowing my bad luck in pretty much everything, the odds could decrease to negative numbers).

I guess Design and Teaching are the only professions I can think of that will give me sparks of excitement occasionally. Well, not design really but that can be fun at times.

I was so happy when I finished my degree because I was still only 20 and I thought I could get a head start in my career. How wrong I was. If I end up doing the Teaching degree, I'd only start that career (if I get a job pretty much straight away) at 25.

I hope something can happen this year to put me back on a career path. I dread to be in the same position this time next year.

No comments: