Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Little Luck

Finally, some luck for me! Not much, but enough to get me a little excited. I applied to a graphic design position that's located about a 10 minute drive from my house. Amazing, I know, considering that never happens. Obviously it's a small boring company but I don't care. I'm planning on changing to teaching anyway, (unless the design thing takes off, which I doubt). It's also part-time so maybe I could even do it while I study next year.

Anyway, I found the company's website and their phone number. I actually got through to a person and as soon as I said my name she said, "Oh, you're the local girl! I have your CV at the top of the pile". Now that's luck! Finally being at the right place (talking to her) at the right time (while she was looking at my CV). She said she'll note my interest and will let me know about interviews next week.

Ok, so I know it's not like I have it already, or even an interview, but it's better than all the others. At least there's a tinsy bit of hope here. Which is definitely an improvement.

I've also got all my documents ready to send to the Education Department so they can give me permission to study the Masters program. Not 100% confident they will because I'm not sure if my subjects will fit into at least 3 categories but I soooooo hope they do!

I'm making tiny steps, but at least they're all going forward.

No comments: