Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Friendly Rejection

There's nothing like a rejection letter to ruin my mood. And it wasn't even a standard one. Well, this guy sent me the standard one plus a personal one saying that he was sorry I was unsuccessful because I sounded very nice on the phone. Like calling me nice would make me feel better! If anything, it makes me feel worse.

Even though I have a job at the moment, I still dread the end of it. In a few months it'll be over and I'll be back to where I started from.

Still can't tell if I'm liked at work. They are all friendly to me but since I've been jaded by past experience, I can't rely on their smiling faces.

I wonder how long it takes for my teaching application to be answered. I might give them a call next week.

Nadine called last night to tell me she'll be coming to my birthday dinner. I kinda regretted inviting her because then it'll definitely look like my party, rather than a get-together with my friends where we also celebrate April's and Amelia's birthdays. Oh well, I guess she'll liven it up. And besides, I haven't had a proper birthday celebration (that wasn't combined with April or Amelia) since I was 15 year old.

I'm SO looking forward to it! It's been years since I've been excited about my birthday. I don't even feel that old.

No comments: