Friday, March 03, 2006

Moving Overseas

I found an ad for job placements in the States. It's a program where they find you a job in your field and you go to work there for 18 months. For someone to find me a job and guarantee me a year and half worth of experience was just too appealing. Until I realised... I cannot leave David for that long. This is even not counting what a drastic change I would have to make to move by myself to another country with all the risks that brings.

David called me during his break at work and I told him about it. He said, "It's up to you". I wanted him to say, "What about us?!" but he said, "I'll support you no matter what". I told him he's allowed to be more selfish. He said I should do what I want and not be influenced by other people. I asked him if he would go, if he was in my position. He said he wouldn't but that was just him. I reminded him how he wanted to go to UK to work and asked if he would go. He said only if he could take me with him. I said, "I thought you shouldn't be influenced by other people".

I told him even though having a job was very appealing, I just wouldn't be able to do it.

If I was single, I'd give it more thought, for sure. But since I'm not, it's just not something that's possible. I'd only go if he would come but I know he can't.

No comments: