Monday, March 20, 2006

Finally... Another One

Do you notice something on the right of this page? In the box, after 'Occupation'? If not, have a look.

See? I'm a Public Relations Assistant now because I got the job! On the spot. I'm starting tomorrow.

I'm a little excited. Firstly, of course because I will be employed again. Secondly because the hourly rate will be the highest I ever received. Thirdly, it's only a 30 minutes drive away. Fourthly, hours are flexible (just like in my last job) so I can start at 8:30 and finish at 4:30. (And to start at 8:30, I only have to leave the house at 8!)

The woman who interviewed me (more like just had a look at my portfolio and that's it) is hard to judge at the moment. I didn't get the best first impression but first impressions can be misleading sometimes. She said that since I did a lot of design, they might get me to do all their desktop publishing instead of sending it out to external designers. The administrative part involves researching (relatively interesting information) so it shouldn't be just data entry.

It's only a 3 month contract but since I'm not sure why yet, hopefully there could be an opportunity to become permanent. All I want now is just to do a good job and for them to like me. If I can achieve both of those, I would be very happy.

It's amazing that for the last few years, I've received a job offer around my birthday. Hopefully I don't have to wait another year for my next job.

No comments: