Saturday, October 15, 2005

Believe It Or Not

Before David, I always thought I was very practical and realistic but now I'm wondering if I was just cynical and paranoid.

For example, if I heard a guy tell his girlfriend that he's been waiting for someone like her all his life because she was everything he was looking for - funny, intelligent etc. I would roll my eyes and think that she was naive for falling for those words. But now I wonder, "What if that guy actually means it?"

I was talking to Andy about guys being genuine and he said that unless a guy was very manipulative, he would not say something so personal or that would show his sensitive side to just anyone. I wonder if it's true. Even though I always ask Andy for the male perspective, I know that he does not represent the majority of guys since I've had so much influence on his formed views and opinions. It's almost like asking advice from the male version of myself.

No comments: