Sunday, October 09, 2005

Like Forever

I went out with April today which was so great because I haven't seen her in God knows how long. We had lunch, watched a romantic comedy and talked forever. It's amazing that I've known her for eight years now and we never run out of things to talk about. Sometimes we're even fine with recycling old conversations.

April noted that it must be different for me to see romantic comedies because I actually had a boyfriend. The only difference is that after the movie ends I don't feel depressed because I know that I have David. I couldn't stop thinking about him all day again but I knew I had to wait till 9 to call him. So it was such a surprise when he called my mobile at 4:30pm. It was such a pleasant surprise. I called him back when I got home and we talked for two hours.

I told him that I didn't expect him to call last night which was why I missed it and he said that he was just missing me too much and didn't want to wait till today to talk. Then today he knew I'd wait till 9 to call so he couldn't wait any longer. He was even thinking of coming over today but unfortunately I wasn't home and he knew he had to study. He said he couldn't even sleep well because he hasn't talked to me. I could not believe it. He was missing me as insanely as I was missing him.

Now I have to wait till Friday to see him. Why does it seem like years away? I was talking to Mum about him and as I was talking, I could hear myself say how amazingly wonderful he was. Sometimes I forget all his bad points that bug me so much because all I can feel is immense desire for him. I really cannot imagine anyone else making me happier.

He was telling me how he told some guy at uni how we met and we got talking about it. I said, "Don't you get tired of us talking about how we met so many times?" and he said, "No, I like it. I can talk about it all the time because the circumstances were amazing". I told him that I felt like we've been going out longer than just four months and he said, "I feel like I've known you forever".

Every word that came out of his mouth was so incredibly sweet that if I was single, I would feel nauseous. But since I'm not, I just concentrate on not forgetting to breathe.

Sure, our meeting circumstances were pretty amazing, considering we were complete strangers and I actually blurted out, "I'll probably never see you again" but what surprises me beyond anything else is where we are now. I mean, I was planning this to be very temporary. It was never going to work. But now, as tacky as this sounds, he really got to my heart.

No comments: