Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Little Surprises

David always manages to do things that I just don't expect. On Sunday he said that he'd only be able to talk to me on Wednesday because he had to go to sleep early on Monday and Tuesday since he worked on Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:00am, meaning he had to get up at 3am. Insane, I know. So anyway, I was enjoying "Dancing With the Stars" when the phone rang. Even though I knew it wasn't David, I still hoped that it was. And it was him.

I said, "I wasn't expecting to talk to you until tomorrow" and he replied, "I couldn't wait till tomorrow. I missed you." Such simple words but my heart started dancing.

He asked if I wanted to meet him after work tomorrow. Like, I'd refuse to see him before the weekend. I hate not seeing him during the week.

Little things like him calling me a day early because he missed me make me think that we like each other exactly the same amount. How lucky is that, considering how many people you hear of when one person always likes the other more. Just when I start thinking that I like him more, he makes me think that he likes me just as much. It's so wonderful.

No comments: