Thursday, October 06, 2005

How To Cheer Me Up

How To Cheer Me Up

Last night when I was talking to David on the phone and venting my frustration about not being able to get a proper job, rather than being understanding and cheering me up, he told me to stop being negative and all he's been hearing lately from me is "But I can't..." I didn't even remember saying that. I wanted to remind him that when he was feeling stressed I didn't tell him to just be more positive.

When I told him I was just being realistic about my job situation, he said that being realistic wasn't helping me. He said that he believed that I could get a job and reminded me what I achieved already but the way he was saying it didn't sound good. I don't know why, but every good thing sounded like a bad thing.

I felt even more frustrated after talking with him. Like, he's my boyfriend, I should be able to relieve my stress on him. I can't be positive 24/7. It's just not natural. Went to sleep with this heavy feeling of disappointment that he wasn't able to cheer me up and make me feel better. If anything, I felt worse.

Went to work in the morning not in the best mood. Then I got a message from him wishing me an excellent day and telling me that I was the best (among other sweet things). I was surprised because he didn't usually send me random messages like that. I couldn't stop smiling. The bad mood was erased completely. I wonder if he felt that I wasn't cheered up last night and wanted to say something more or if he just missed me. Whatever the reason, I felt happy that he was thinking of me.

No comments: