Saturday, October 01, 2005

Everything In One

Everything In One

At around 3pm I thought I'd have a quick nap since I only had 2 hours of sleep last night. When I woke up it was already dark. Today's the first Saturday in ages when I'm not meeting David and not doing anything else. Feels kinda strange.

Last night was so busy for a Friday night. First, met up with uni friends for a bit before going to Miguel's sister's party. She and her friend hired out a function room overlooking the ocean. It was beautiful. As soon as I came in, a gorgeous girl came rushing to greet me like I was an old friend. I thought it was the birthday girl (since I've never seen her before) but it was her younger sister. Then I was introduced to the older girl and her friend with whom she was combining the party. They were all so good-looking, I felt I was in a film. They all told me that David told them a lot about me and it was great to finally meet me. They were looking at me in a very curious way which felt weird but not bad because they had smiling approval looks. David told me later that they were impressed which felt nice, even though who were they to judge me?

The only disappointing thing about the party was the music which wasn't too fun to dance to, even though we tried anyway. It was nice to be at a party with David though and have him to dance with me to slow songs. Even though there were a lot of people, there were only a small number of couples. It's an amazing feeling to finally be the one in a couple. Some of these couples were all over each other which made me feel better that David and I weren't as bad as I always thought we were. I mean it would've been obvious to everyone we were a couple but we didn't go overboard.

We were together pretty much the whole night and when we were talking how one girl's boyfriend finished uni but still didn't know what he wanted to do so had some bad job, I was like, "I know what I want to do, I just can't get a job" and he just squeezed my hand and said, "Don't worry. At least you know. The job will come". I'm so lucky to have his support. He really makes me feel like it will all be all right.

Afterwards, we went for a walk along the beach. It was kinda romantic. We walked down that beach so many times and it never gets old. Just feeling a cool breeze on my face, seeing the multitude of bright lights on the horizon, water - pitch black reflecting the stars, him right next to me.

Then, drove to my house. No one was home (since parents are on a holiday and Andy was out). It was so good not to worry about anyone walking in on us at any moment. It was like a sleepover party, only with a guy. David sometimes makes such a good girlfriend too. (I mean it in a good way.) Like we can just sit and gossip about everything and everyone. Sometimes I just look into his face and feel so unbelievably content. Like I have everything I want in one person. And he says he's the lucky one.

We slept for like two hours. Have never woken up happier to have him so close. We had breakfast together in the empty house. It was like we were living together. So wonderful. After breakfast my body remembered that it was still too tired so we went to the living room and watched Rage. There was this clip for the song that goes "Dont cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" and he turned to me and said, "No, I think my girlfriend is hot".

He was supposed to leave at 11am so he could do his uni work, but at 11.30 he was like, "Wanna order pizza and watch a movie?" I told him he'd never leave then. So we practised salsa. It was so much fun I couldn't stop laughing. Lots of spinning to happy music does that to you. He said I improved a lot 'cause I could keep up with him now. I've progressed so much more dancing a few times with him than all the months at the dance class.

By the end, we were both so hot we decided to have lunch. After lunch he left which was sad. I wish he was next to me all the time. I even asked him a few days ago, "Do you think it's bad that I want to spend every minute with you?" and he replied, "No, 'cause I want to spend every minute with you".

Half an hour after he left, he called me which was a surprise. He told me that only a couple of hours ago, there was a murder on his street. How scary to think that if he left a few hours ealier, he could've been caught in it. If anything happened to him, I would just die.

No comments: