Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Still Searching

I went to my interview today. I thought it went well but I don't know. If I get it, I'm going to be majorly confused whether to take it but if I don't get it, I'm going to have to get back to my job search (which frankly I'm really sick of).

Yesterday at work, all of a sudden I started to feel really nauseous and thought I was going to faint. Then I got a headache that still hasn't left me. These sudden mysterious set-ons of sick feelings really scare me because I don't want them to be a start of some new medical condition. I'm still not over my endless urticaria. My naturopath is running out of ideas because my body is too stubborn and refuses to completely go back to normal. (Although during my last visit, I agreed to pay $100 to cut some of my hair to send for mineral sampling and to see if I have too much metal inside. So much of my earnings go for the management of this problem. Anyway, I guess it could be worse.

When I was going for the interview today, there was a group of girls (around 17-19) talking. They all seemed Australian except one who I've 'overheard' was from Brazil. She was talking a lot about her life there and what was different here. This girl was absolutely beautiful, not to mention very interesting so I had to force myself not to stare. I didn't even want to get off at my station because I wanted to keep listening. That has never happened in my life. I was this close to just going up to them and joining in.

I don't know if it's mainly because of David but I've just totally fallen in love with South American culture. Had this nice image of how lucky our kids would be to be part of two such rich cultures. My Mum told me that she decided to stop hoping that I would meet a POBian guy. And even though before I just couldn't imagine myself marrying a guy who wasn't, now I would be more than happy to marry a South American.

When David asked me where I wanted to be in three years, all I wanted to say was, "Married with a kid and a good career" but I just said, "I want my career to be on track". I might've added, "Among other things" but didn't elaborate. I think he knew what I meant by that. When I asked him the same question, he said he wanted to get a good job and move out.

If I decide that I want to marry David (and have a financially secure job), I don't see the point in waiting till my late twenties like everyone else seems to these days.

No comments: