Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Great Sister

I decided to be a good sister and pick up my brother after his party. I regret this now as I am falling asleep and can only imagine how wonderful it would be to curl up in my bed. I just remembered how I could never drink at parties/clubs because I always had to leave the car at the train station to make sure I could get home. I wasn't really bothered by this as I'm not a fan of alcohol and it was a good excuse to decline any offers of drinks. But I know his party is supplying free alcohol and he really wanted to take advantage of it so I thought I'd be nice. Never again. It's impossible to stay awake when you're home and everyone else is asleep.

David said he'd call me at 1:30, after he finishes his assignment. I don't even know how he can do work at this time but he has no problem with this.

I'm trying to stay awake, listening to the always entertaining online POBian radio. Here is what the DJ just read out as a message from a listener:

"We're making love listening to your station."

This made me laugh. Who freaking sends that information to a radio station?

For some more midnight randomness, here's a song I heard earlier today that I felt I could relate to:

Head Over Feet - Alanis Morissette

I had no choice but to hear you
You stated your case time and again
I thought about it

You treat me like I'm a princess
I'm not used to liking that
You ask how my day was

You've already won me over in spite of me
And don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet
Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are
I couldn't help it
It's all your fault

You are the bearer of unconditional things
You held your breath and the door for me
Thanks for your patience

You're the best listener that I've ever met
You're my best friend
Best friend with benefits
What took me so long

I've never felt this healthy before
I've never wanted something rational
I am aware now
I am aware now

You've already won me over in spite of me
And don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet
Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are
I couldn't help it
It's all your fault

No comments: