Monday, October 03, 2005

It Worked For Me

Success = Good Advice?

Being successful immediately grants credibility to your opinions and advice. For example, people would criticise a marriage counsellor who's divorced. No one would take serious parenting advice from childless adults.

I would be totally the same. But what if this divorced counsellor gets happily married and the childless adults have kids and their advice and opinions are still the same? Would they be taken seriously then?

Now that I have a boyfriend, I feel more confident in giving relationship advice then I was when I was single, even though my opinions haven't really changed. Much. And when I had a good job at the beginning of the year, I felt deserving to believe that if you keep searching something would come up. And anyone who was unemployed was just not looking hard enough.

It's easy to forget how much luck plays into being successful. In the adult world it's not enough just to do your best. You have to be in the right place at the right time. And no advice can help you with that.

No comments: