Thursday, October 13, 2005

Lies I Told In An Interview

Lie 1

Director: you will be responsible for publicising our company and liasing with the media, as well as co-ordinating events and expos. You will also be responsible for developing our website and creating marketing material. You will also have to co-ordinate advertising and working with our sponsors... Did I scare you off yet?
me: not at all! You're actually getting me really interested!

(Truth: I'm freaked out under how much responsibility I will have the opportunity to crumble.)

Lie 2

Director: do you play tennis?
me: sometimes

(Truth: The last time I played was for sport in high school, in about year 8.)

Lie 3

Director: are you ok with using a Mac?
me: of course, it's the same as PC

(Truth: I absolutely hate Macs! They frustrate me more than any other technology.)

Lie 4

Director: how do you feel about working in a very fast-paced environment?
me: oh, I love being busy!

(Truth: I hate deadlines which make me work over-time. I like being able to have some free time.)

Lie 5

Director: how do you feel about learning some internet programming?
me: that would be great!

(Truth: I hate programming!)

Lie 6

Director: we want someone who'll be confident in getting all the work done
me: I'm very confident that I'll be able to do it because I have done these things before

(Truth: the only similar work I've done was graphic and basic web design and the only way I can be confident is if I have all the knowledge to do the work.)

Truth

Director: what would be your ideal job?
me: this one!

(Whole truth: ...if I can be successful in it)

No comments: