Friday, October 07, 2005

Good Interview

Good Interview

I took David's advice and went into today's interview as if the only outcome would be for me to get it. And it worked. The agent organised an interview for me with the company and she said that to just be myself because I interview really well and look great for a receptionist. She just told me to not wear corporate but something 'funky' because it's a production company. I knew exactly what she meant because that's one of the things I love about the film/television industry - the dress code.

When she told me about the position I was a bit disappointed. Of course I knew that it was a receptionist/administrator role but the ad said "lots of opportunity for growth". I didn't think there was a specific length of time which I had to do the reception role. Definitely less than the two years that the company had in mind. Plus, the pay is horrible and the location not the most convenient.

Is it worth locking myself into a two year stint as a receptionist (with minimum pay in a far away place) which will then allow me to work two years (maximum) in one production? And then it'll be time to look for another job. So my design skills will be completely gone (with no design experience for four years) and what are the chances of me finding another job in television? I want to have a choice when I leave a job to move on to better things, not have a date hanging over my head. Man, two years as a receptionist doesn't sound too appealing. It's not even close to me.

Anyway, it's not like I have the job. I guess it wouldn't hurt to go to the interview.

In other news, Max replied. I almost deleted his email 'cause I thought it was junk since the sender's name wasn't Max. How very odd. I only had a suspicion it was him because of the subject. Now, I know I said I'm not going to enter into correspondence with him but I have to know why he changed his name. Was I right to be paranoid about who he really is?

No comments: