Monday, October 17, 2005

In the Dark

I went for a power walk tonight with my Mum. I used to do it with my grandma when she was here. I wasn't motivated enough to go alone. I love walking in my suburb at night. It feels like you have all the streets to yourself. Sometimes you see other people walking their dogs or exercising but it's so dark they're barely visible.

As expected, we gossiped about other people and relationships. She told me some stories about Judy since she saw her Mum yesterday. Since at night I'm more relaxed, I told her more than I probably should've about my private life. I never tire of talking about David.

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but I miss him so much. Man, I really need a job. Maybe it'll give me something else to think about. I don't want to get carried away but it's so much fun imagining how well things could turn out...

I get the job this week. They pay me a lot of money. I'm successful at it. I really enjoy it. Next year, David proposes in autumn. We get married in spring. Maybe he'll decide to study part-time so he could work as well, but I'll be able to support both of us (while he's at uni) anyway. We live happily in a little apartment in a nearby suburb. He finishes uni and gets a high paid job. We have two kids. Everything's perfect.

Just realised that there's no way I'd be able to have a kid at 23 because David would still be at uni and I don't think I'd be able to support everyone on my job. So my perfect life is never going to happen. But it's ok, I have David and that's more than I expected this time last year.

No comments: