Friday, October 07, 2005

Chemistry in a Song

Chemistry in a Song

I can't get enough of the "Suavemente" song, especially the Paul Cless version because he makes it sound sexier than the original. It reminds me of David. I think it reflects our attraction perfectly. Not just the lyrics but the rhythm and melody. I love how the song's melody actually reflects the lyrics, not like some songs which can have the saddest melody but happy lyrics. That annoys me. It's the basics of music that songs in the minor keys will sound sadder than in the major keys, yet some singers persist on forgetting that, making the song sound ridiculous. I like when it's easy to understand the theme of the song even if you don't know the language.

I saw a documentary about Argentina tonight and it made me want to visit South America. I love the culture. I'm already in love with Latin music and dancing. My Mum was telling me today that one of her friends knew a person who lived in South America and this person was telling my Mum's friend how open and warm and affectionate the people are. Like you'd walk into a cafe and all these young people would be all over each other. Of course I don't know if that's really true but I know that David is like that.

My Mum was saying that it must be the warm climate. The same reason why people in the northern part of the globe are cooler and more reserved. That's definitely true about POB. Even if some POBian people are warm and affectionate, they'd never show it in public. Maybe that's why I'm like that. Behind closed doors we can be all over you but in the open, forget it.

It's so interesting to learn about different cultures, especially from the inside (i.e. through having relationships with the people, rather than just observing from the outside). I really should learn Spanish and make the most of that program that David gave me.

David messaged me today to wish me luck for the interview and to tell me I was excellent. I think he's going to spoil me and I'm going to get used to him sending me messages about how great I am. I don't want to start getting a big head about it but I love these little gestures so much! I miss him more than anything.

No comments: