Sunday, October 23, 2005

Real Life, Not Fiction

I waited till 1:30am last night when Andrew called to tell me he was going to be late and I didn't need to pick him up, he was going to get home himself. Can't say I was too pleased. It'd be nice if he told me this at 11pm (when I got home)! Argh. Younger siblings.

Today, I met up with April. Not even ten minutes into our meeting, we were laughing so hard, tears were rolling out of our eyes. Sometimes I wish I could laugh so much with David.

April told me how she caught up with Amelia.

April: we're the only single ones now
Amelia: you say that as if it's a bad thing

Trust Amelia to put things in perspective.

She told me how Amelia, who even though only a while ago was planning revenge on the married guy who 'might have' done things to her when she was too drunk, recently had him over at her house when her parents were away and they got drunk and she had to kick him out. April said that she said the guy was 'all hands'. Don't want to think too deeply into what that means. Nothing good that's for sure.

April and I still get amazed at how much trouble Amelia can create for herself. Not sure why she gets herself into these 'situations'. Attention? Drama? Boredom? Whatever it is I hope she doesn't get herself into more than she can handle.

I suggested to April to introduce Amelia to the South American guy who has the kid and who keeps trying to ask her out. Solve two problems at once: April won't have to deal with him anymore and Amelia can still get her dose of drama by going out with a guy who has a kid, but at least isn't married and cheating on his wife.

We were saying how interesting our lives have gotten since last year. Our high school controversy highlight was Christine dating her tutor who was 8 years older. This is nothing now compared to Amelia's married man. Then there was the drama of Claudia keeping her boyfriend a secret for 6 months. I don't think my bus stop boyfriend would even make the list of exciting stories.

While we were discussing this, the old guy sitting next to us started to stare and smile. I think our conversation about the soap-opera drama of our circle of friends was his entertainment for the day.

I quickly caught up with Amelia last week and she was nice enough to give me some of her webspace for my portfolio (that used to be on my uni server). She's such a generous person. April and I were saying how it's been too long since the five of us met up together. Lately, there's always been someone missing. We decided to organise a Christmas party and make sure everyone comes. That's definitely going to be a challenge, but one that would be worth it. I love how we get when the five of us get together.

No comments: