Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Job: Found

I don't know how else to say it but I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They called me yesterday and asked me to come to another interview because they liked my references. So today, more lies followed.

Director: you seem like more of a shy person, would you be ok with calling CEOs and negotiating with them? Do you get intimidated by men in suits?
me: of course not, they're just people

[Truth: in my head I know that they shouldn't scare me but put me in a group of middle aged men in charge of big companies and I feel powerless.)

And since when do I seem like a shy person? I hate that label. Just because I'm always calm and not boisterously loud, doesn't mean I'm shy. Adults can't be shy, that's just a kid thing.

Director: there will be many times when you will be out of your comfort zone. How do you feel about that?
me: I love a challenge

[Truth: I love an easy challenge I can overcome and get back to my comfort zone.)

They asked me a few more questions. By the end of his list, he asked me if I still wanted it and when I said I did, he said he'd love me to join the company because he feels I would be a great asset to the team. I know that's just a formality thing to say but it was great to hear!

The hours aren't going to be too great. I always wanted to work the standard 9 to 5 but I can live with 8:30 to 5:30. Waking up early just means going to sleep early. Pay isn't too great either but I'm not picky right now because the experience I will get from this job will be amazing.

I start this Friday. I'm so scared and excited at the same time. Just hope I don't stuff up, especially in the first few months.

Called David and since he finished his presentation, we met up. He was so excited for me. It was great. He said he was planning on paying me a surprise visit tonight. But it was good we met up during the day. Don't want him coming to my house when I'm not prepared.

Tomorrow I need to go shopping for some work clothes. Yay!

No comments: