Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Unique - Not Like Everyone Else

I was not in the best mood today for a reason I can't even write here about. Nothing to do with David or family or work or friends, but something personal that's got to do with how health-wise I always seem to get the rarest conditions.

Anyway, I was trying to come to terms with something that even though never really bothered me before, lately has been more of an issue and there's unlikely anything can be done, so I'll just have to live with it. Need to focus on putting this in perspective. At least it's nothing painful. So what if I'll never be able to wear any really revealing clothes or really open swimsuits. It's not the end of the world.

I guess if it was just this problem I wouldn't be so frustrated, but it's the fact that I have lots of little problems like that. Urticaria has never left me and probably never will. I will always have the scars from my gallbladder operation. My skin will never be clear. Being on the hairy side also bugs the hell out of me. Gosh, I sound like some monster. A very self-pitying superficial monster.

Going through an "I'm ugly" phase is so teenage-like and I wish I'd stop, but right now complaining about it is making me feel a little better.

It's amazing what some people take for granted. I guess I also don't pay attention to heaps of things simply because I don't know they exist.

Things can always be worse.

No comments: